Have a Canon camera but it doesn’t work with Mac? If you consider getting a whole new camera then to work with your Mac, you’d better visit apple.com to find Mac compatible Canon video cameras. There are quite a few different choices such as Cannon HG10 High Definition Camcorder, and Canon GL2 Mini DV Camcorder. But if you just want to make Canon video compatible with Mac, you can consider using a video converter tool to do format conversion. This is where you need Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac to convert the Canon videos. As long as the conversion is done, you are able to use your Canon footage on Mac freely.
Why choose Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac?
- Easy-to-use and intuitive, converting Canon videos to Mac compatible files in simple steps
- Transcoding Canon footage to Mac workable files for using in iMovie, FCE, and FCP
- Transferring/Merging 1080p/720p Canon AVCHD files to Mac hard drive
- Encoding Canon MXF Files to ProRes and load Canon MXF to FCP X
- Converting Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to QuicTime MOV, ProRes, AIC, DNxHD, etc.
- Perfect video/audio synchronization and 5.1 channel output
Step 1: Run Aunsoft Canon camcorder video converter for Mac, and click “Add Video” button to load your source recordings. You are allowed to add multiple files to do conversion at a time, and meanwhile, if you wanna combine the loaded files into one file, you can tick off the checkbox before “Merge into one file” option.
Step 2: Select output format for your Mac
Click the format bar or the drop down menu of “Format” to select target format for your end uses. For example, if you intend to use Canon footage in FCP, you can choose “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” under “Final Cut Pro” tab as output format. If you attempt to use the converted files with iMovie and Final Cut Express, you can select the expert format optimized for iMovie/FCE, and so on.
Step 3: Start transcoding Canon files to Mac workable format
Click “Convert” button to start converting Canon video to Mac compatible files for FCP, FCE, iMovie, or QT player. When the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the final output files which are Mac compatible for your different uses.