In this tutorial I will show you how to convert TiVo files to wmv format for burning a video DVD with Windows DVD maker. A professional piece of TiVo converting tool is Aunsoft Video Converter which is a must-have video conversion tool for video lovers to convert various video formats between one another.
About DVD burning, Nero and Roxio are two of the most popular solutions for burning CD's and DVD's. But if you don't want to pay more money on these kind of software or you don't need more than just basic CD and DVD burning, then Windows DVD Maker, available in premium editions (Home Premium and Ultimate) of Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Home Premium, is the perfect solution for you.
Now... First of all, let's show you how to convert TiVo files to wmv format in the following six steps with Aunsoft Video Converter:
Part I: Converting TiVo to WMV
1. First of all, you need to download Aunsoft Video Converter and launch the application.
2. Click “Option” button and then choose “TiVo” tab to enter Media Access Key for your TiVo files.
3. Load TiVo files to the program by clicking “Add” button in the menu bar.
4. Edit TiVo files.
You can click “Editor” button in the menu bar to edit the files including eight sections: Trim, Crop, Image/Video Watermark, Text Watermark, Effect, Audio Replace, Vertical Flip, Horizontal Flip and Volume.
5. Set output format and specify destination folder. You can specify the output format and the output folder, and the detailed video and audio settings. Select an output format from the format list below:
You can choose WMV3, high quality with VC-1codec or WMV2 for fast conversion speed with wmv2 codec from Common Video catalogue from “Format” drop-down list.
After that, you are allowed to custom your output destination folder. You can click the “Open” button next to the output folder option to open the output folder.
6. Click button to start TiVo to wmv conversion. When the process is finished, you can get your wmv videos from destination folder.
Now, you’ve successfully converted TiVo files to wmv format. Next let me introduce how to burn the output wmv videos to a video DVD with Windows DVD maker. Please check the instructions below：
Part II: Burn wmv videos to DVD
1. Click the "Start" button and select "Windows DVD Maker" (or go to Start -> All Programs -> Windows DVD Maker).
2. Click the "Add items" button from the top menu and browse to the folder were the movies you want to burn are located. By default, they should be found in the "Videos" folder.
3. Select the movie(s) you want to burn and type the "Disc title". Also, you may select the order in which the movies will be saved on DVD. To do that, select a movie and press the "Up" or "Down" button to change its order.
4. If you want to, you can click the "Options" button and set things like the burning speed, the aspect ratio, the video format or you can choose if the DVD will have a menu or not.
5. After you finished making the settings you want, click the "OK" button and then "Next".
6. At this step you can create a custom DVD menu or you can select a predefined one. To select a predefined menu, scroll the "Menu Styles" list and select the one you like most. You can customize it by pressing the "Customize Menu" button and making the settings you want. Also, you can change the menu text by clicking the "Menu text" button and typing the text you want for each button.
7. When you have finished making all the customizations, click the "Burn" button.
NOTE: First, Windows DVD Maker will encode the movie in the appropriate format and then it will burn it on DVD. Usually, the encoding process takes much more time than the burning so you have to patient.