The Panasonic DMC-GH2 features full HD 1920x1080/60i smooth, high quality movie recording with powerful 60p output. The cinema-like 24p movie with the bit rate of max 24 Mbps provides overwhelming image quality with richly expressive afterimage. Furthermore, together with the Cinema mode, which is newly added as an option of popular Film mode, 24p movie enables the movie to have a characteristic superior gradation. The new Variable Movie mode makes it possible to record motion images in variable frame rate creating a fast/slow-feed movie. Lumix GH2 is getting closer to camcorder level, but the AVCHD MTS/M2TS formats are confusing as hell. Are you tired of trying to figure out how to import Lumix GH2 AVCHD to iMovie/FCE to create your homemade movies? Aunsoft Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac is always here to help you out.
The Aunsoft Panasonic Lumix Converter comes with a universal format profile for iMovie and Final Cut Express, that is “Apple InterMediate Code (AIC) (*.mov)”. Apple Intermediate Codec is a less compressed format, so you need not worry about sacrificing the original footage quality during conversion. Go to see a detailed guide on how to convert Lumix AVCHD to AIC MOV for editing.
First of all, free download this Panasonic HD AVCHD Conversion tool, install and run it on your Mac computer. Then follow the simple steps below to finish AVCHD to iMovie/FCE conversion task.
1. Import AVCHD/AVCHD Lit files
Once launch the Mac Panasonic video converter software, click the “Add Video” button at the top left corner of the main interface to load your MTS/M2TS AVCHD footage shot by a Panasonic DMC-GH2 camera.
2. Select AIC MOV as output format for iMovie and FCE
After the source files are loaded, you can either click the format bar or the pull down menu of “Format” to choose “Apple InterMediate Code (AIC) (*.mov)” as target format for your video editing application iMovie/FCE.
3. Convert Panasonic video
Click the big button “Convert” to start converting Lumix AVCHD to AIC for iMove/FCE. The Lumix MTS to iMovie/FCE converter features fast conversion speed as well as perfect image and sound quality, which will never let you wait for a long time for the conversion process and encounter audio and video out of sync issues. When the conversion is completed, you can simply click “Open” button to get the converted files in AIC MOV format, which is ready for using in iMovie and Final Cut Express.
More features of Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac
1. By ticking off the checkbox before “Merge into one file” option, you can combine all the checked MTS/M2TS clips into one file.
2. If you wanna customize the video and audio parameters, you can click “Settings” button to enter “Profile Settings” panel to modify video and audio settings like video resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel.
3. The Lumix AVCHD to AIC converter provides customers with several simple editing functions, including cropping, trimming, deinterlacing, watermarking, adding special effects, and audio replacing, which help you do a fast and necessary editing on your Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD footage before importing them to iMovie and Final Cut Express.