While looking for the right MTS/M2TS converter to make the videos readable and editable on PC, you may be confused with several programs. Here I would like to take a review of two applications: Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter and Aunsoft Final Mate, which could be used as HD camcorder software on Windows 7. Hope you find this useful to choose the right MTS/M2TS converter with this review.
Both applications work to HD camcorder videos, and deinterlace 1080i videos for playback on PC. Both applications support 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080i, AVCHD Lite 720p videos, help you take still image from the recorded videos.
Pros of Aunsoft Final Mate VS MTS/M2TS Converter:
1. Final Mate works with other camcorder videos like .mod and .tod, while MTS/M2TS Converter does not support MOD or TOD input.
2. Final Mate detects camcorder and captures videos from camcorder, saving you the time looking into directory. With Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter, you need to find the .mts or .m2ts files under AVCHD folder > BDMV > STREAM manually.
3. Final Mate utilizes NVIDIA CUDA graphic card and Intel CPU for fast conversion speed and optimizes the workflow for non-linear editing software.
4. You can merge/join .mts files, .m2ts files, .tod files, .mod files without recoding or quality loss using Final Mate, while the joining process in MTS/M2TS Converter requires recoding and takes longer time for output video.
5. Drag and drop on timeline to arrange video sequence, joining and cutting.
6. Replace audio for the merged video clips as one movie.
Cons of Aunsoft Final Mate VS MTS/M2TS Converter:
1. Final Mate does not import with .m2t, .ts, .tp, .trp videos like MTS/M2TS Converter.
2. Currently the version 1.0 of Final Mate does not support loading multi-stream .m2ts files, or AVCHD files with vc-1 compression, while MTS/M2TS Converter can convert the files from decrypted Blu-ray movies to other formats.
3. MTS/M2TS Converter provides the Remux output option for quickly rewrapping AVCHD files with new formats like .mov, .mp4, .ts, etc. However, the remux function is not stable yet. The 1.0 version of Final Mate does not include the Remux option yet.
4. For users who want to add watermark to video, MTS/M2TS Converter is the better one, as Final Mate version 1.0 does not include the option to add custom logo/watermark.
5. If you would like to merge different videos like .mts with .m2ts as one file without recoding, Final Mate would not work for you. MTS/M2TS Converter can help you merge different formats into one file, but it requires conversion.
Here is the side-by-side comparison chart for differences between Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter and Final Mate.