How do I use the program? Please check Video Converter for Mac Tutorial.
1. Q: What are the differences between Video Converter for Mac, MTS Converter for Mac, iMedia Converter for Mac?
A: Actually these three programs own the same output for various video formats and all editing functions. The difference between them lies in the input. MTS Converter for Mac can only import MTS or M2TS files for output. Video Converter for Mac can allow you input almost all the video formats like AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MOV, FLV, VOB, MP3, MXF, MTS, M2TS, VRO, EVO, HD videos etc. WhileiMedia Converter for Mac is combined Video Converter for Mac and Blu-ray Ripper for Mac into only one, it not only lets you convert almost all the video formats, but also lets you decrypt/rip/convert Blu-ray and DVD movie to other formats.
See the detailed differences here: http://www.aunsoft.com/compare/compare-mac.html
2. Q: Are there any more comprehensive tools that cover all the functionality of Video Converter for Mac?
A: Yes, just like the introduction of the differences of Video Converter for Mac and iMedia Converter for Mac as above, iMedia Converter for Mac covers all the functionality of Video Converter for Mac.
3. Q: I have already ordered a Video Converter for Mac and now want to upgrade the Video Converter for Mac to iMedia Converter for Mac, should I pay the full price of $65?
A: No. In Aunsoft, all our customers can enjoy a discounted price to upgrade your product to the advanced version. Wanna upgrade to iMedia Converter for Mac from Video Converter for Mac, you only need pay $39, not the full price $65. More info, please check our Upgrade Policy.
1. Q: How to remove watermarks on the trial version?
A: Our trial version has a limitation that outputs video with a watermark. If you don't like it and want to remove or get rid of it, you could register a full version via purchase the program online.
2. Q: What’s the difference between a trial version and a full version?
A: There is few difference between a trial version and a full version except a "Aunsoft" watermark in output videos from the trial version. To get rid of the logo watermark, you need to purchase the full version and re-convert your videos.
3. Q: Can I get technical support for using trial version?
A: Yes, if a trial user meets any technical problem when using our product, please tell us your question via email email@example.com. Our support team will answer your question within 24 hours.
1. Q: Do Video Converter for Mac has the ability to output MOV with Apple Pro Res or AIC for FCP, FCE and iMovie?
A: Yes, after the update on Jan 5, 2011, Video Converter for Mac can output MOV with Apple Pro Res or AIC for FCP, FCE and iMovie.
2. Q: I am using FCP 5, and tried to use your product to convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), but the output video containing no video track, only audio, any suggestion?
A: It the problem of the FCP your are using, if you want to use our product to convert AVCHD to FCP ProRes series format with excellent audio and video quality, please make sure to upgrade your FCP to version 6.0 or above. Or you will get the output files with no image, but the audio.
Tip: If you don’t want to or have no time to upgrade FCP to version 6.0 or above, I suggestion you to selectQuickTime Movie Format > Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov) as output format, which can also let you get output file containing video and audio and import to FCP 5 or FCP 4… for editing without rendering. (No AIC codec installed on Mac, please download here: Apple Intermediate Codec download.)
3. Q: Can Video Converter for Mac recognize MTS files from HD cam directly? If not, how did I extract MTS files from HD Cam?
A: No, Video Converter for Mac can not recognize MTS files from HD Cam directly. Generally you can find MTS files in HD Cam and copy them to the hard drive of the computer. MTS videos are commonly found in the AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM directory of HD Cam. If you want to directly capture MTS file from HD Camcorder, please wait for the release of ourMac Final Mate in 2011. (Window Version Final Mate is available in our website.)
4. Q: How should I do to check the loaded file's information in the program?
A: You need highlight it first and run "Properties" item in the "File" menu. Then you can read the information of the file, such as Bit Rate, Frame Rate, in the following dialog-box.
5. Q: How to adjust bit rate, sample rate to meet my need?
A: It is easy to adjust bit rate and sample rate by clicking button Settings. Then you will see an interface which allows you to change the bit rate and sample rate. The bitrate and sample rate is higher to adjust, the video is higher in quality, but larger in size.
6. Q: Is it possible to save the profile with the modified settings for using next time?
A: It can be done by the "Save As" button in Settings window. After you finish the modifications, please click this button in Settings window and name it. Next time, you can find this custom profile in Custom option of Format box.
7. Q: Which one is better in the two kinds of MP4 output forms if I want to get better quality?
A: As far as the output quality is concerned, H.264 would provide the best. But it is larger in output size and slower in the conversion speed. If you only want to get the better quality, you just need H.264 profiles.
8. Q: Can I merge several video files to a single video?
A: Yes. You can add the video files you want to join together to the list box, and change the order by the move up and move down buttons. Then check the "Merge into one file" checkbox before converting. After conversion, all the files in the list will be merged into one video file.
9. Q: Can I deinterlace the the source interlaced video with Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac?
A: Yes. Click Editor icon and in Effect tab, you can check the box Deinterlacing to get final non-interlaced video.
10. Q: How to trim the video in Editor Window?
A: There are three ways to make it done:
First: Drag the slider bars
Drag Triangle icon below the preview window to locate the beginning and end of your clip during the preview.
Second: Control mark buttons
Press the button to locate the beginning and end of your clip during the preview.
Third: Directly enter the values
Input the certain time number in Set start time and Set end time fields.
11. Q: How do I get rid of the black edges around my movie?
A: It is very easy to deal with. Click “Editor” button to enter into the edit panel, you can see the crop tab, and then you can drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the black edges.
12 Q: Which factors will affect the conversion speed?
A: a. The configuration of the computer.
b. The output profile and settings you choose for output.
13. Q: Can I change the output file name?
A: Yes. Please find the column named "Destination File" on file list. Click the particular output name under the "Destination File" column, and then you can specify the output file name.
14. Q: How about the output video quality after using the program?
A: Based on the newest audio-video sync technology, Video Converter for Mac can provide you with outstanding output image and sound quality, never let you get into trouble with the audio and video sync issues. Moreover, multiple optimizing functionalities are available to better the output video quality.
15. Q: Can I save the converted files into the source folder?
A: Yes, click the triangle button in Output box and select the option: Save to the same destination folder as source file.
16. Q: Where to find the converted files?
A: Click Open icon on the main interface of the program to find the converted files.
1. Q: Does the program work with Mac OS X Leopard?
A: Yes. Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac supports Mac OS X 10.5 above (including Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro, etc. (If you want to run the program on Mac OS X 10.4, please firstname.lastname@example.org to get it.)
2. Q: Where is my downloaded program? I can not find it in App folder.
A: Aunsoft software is saved in Download folder by default and not in App folder. You can see the installation package in Download folder. Of course, you can move it to App folder manually.
3. Q: After downloading the software, I saw there are two dmg files. Which one should I choose?
A: Which one to install is up to the CPU type of your computer. If your computer is Intel for CPU, then choose intel installation package. Then choose PowerPC installation package.
4. Q: The files can not be read by the program and ask me to send the log to email@example.com. Where is the log file?
A: Click Macintosh HD>> Users>>account name>>Library>>Logs and you will find the log file. Then you can contact us with the log file as the attachment.
5. Q: An error pops up when I try to import files to the program saying the files can not be read. What is wrong?
A: Please make sure first that the video format is supported by our software. If supported, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
6. Q: I have purchased your product but I have no idea how to use it because I can't find any field for typing the key code?
A: I think you are still using our trial version, please note that you have to uninstall the trial version and then reinstall the full version to enter your key code. Please download the full version of the product through the download link provided in your received mail, install, and launch the app. Then you will see the interface asking for your key code.
7. Q: How to check the current version number for Aunsoft software?
A: After running the software, please click the name of Aunsoft software on the top menu and select About to see the current version.
8. Q: How to uninstall the old version of the software on Mac computer?
A: Delete the .dmg file in Download folder of the Mac computer. Then it will be done.
9. Q: How did I know the update news?
A: You have following ways to know the update news:
- You will receive the newsletter if we add the powerful function to the program.
- Join us on Twitter or Facebook to know the update news in real time.
- Visit our official web site and concern the Version History page. At the bottom of the product page, you can click Version History to get there.
10. Q: How to update the software I bought?
A: You can enter Aunsoft Member Center to get the download link of the latest version for the software, or please email us via email@example.com to get it.
11.Q: I want Video Converter for Mac. Do you have a software converter that fits my 10.4 Mac computer? And is there a free trial?
A: Yes, we have the version especially for Mac 10.4 system. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the trial version and know how to buy the software for 10.4 Mac system.