One of my friends came to me with the problem to play AVCHD Lite on PC without the Panasonic bundled Photo… She would like to send her baby videos to her parents to know about the little baby girl. She used Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 to record videos in the advanced AVCHD Lite mode. Apparently MTS videos can't be played on a PC that doesn't have the software that comes with the camera. She would like to find the right AVCHD Lite player on PC.
VLC media player could be my first recommendation. However, if Windows Media Player is the only available player, just use Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter to convert AVCHD Lite to Windows Media Player supported formats like .wmv, .asf, .mpg.
If you face similar problem like my friend, you may follow the quick guide below with Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter.
1. Connect Panasonic Lumix camera to PC via USB cable. You can find the Panasonic proprietary AVCHD Lite .mts files from PRIVATE > AVCHD > BDMV > STREAM folder.
2. Click the "Add" button on the Panasonic Lumix MTS converter to load AVCHD Lite videos from Lumix camera.
3. Click the "Format" option and navigate to Common Video > WMV3 (WMV9)(*.wmv) as output format.
4. Click the convert button under the preview window to convert 920p AVHD Lite to WMV for Windows Media Player.
1. If you would like to play Blu-ray movies, DVD movies in Windows Media Player, you can try Aunsoft Bu-ray Video Converter Ultimate to rip BD/DVD to WMV for playback on PC.
2. To play AVCHD Lite on Mac with QuickTime player, Aunsoft Mac Lumix MTS converter will be the right tool for you.